Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Agility Videos from the Weekend Before I Left

I never posted these since I got them right before I left, but today I remembered I had them!

Jumpers runs from Sunday (with my comments here)

Pie- A nice run. The bar probably came down because I was racing ahead. Then I tried to layer the jump on the way out (since we had already NQed.) I don't know why I thought that would be a good idea. And neither did Pie! She probably would have done it correctly had I actually clued her in on my plan, rather than just running towards a jump I didn't want her to take, the flopping my arm around at the last second. Sometimes I have to wonder why my dogs ever do what I want them to, since 1/2 the time what I'm telling them to do is wrong.


Pie- Click here.

Fancy- This was the second run of the second day of the show. Recently I've only been doing Fancy one day and that seems like it keeps her happier. Fancy gets bored doing the same thing too many days in a row, and her speed suffers. She was clean on course, but not at her fastest. Her lack of speed is especially evident in the start and weave poles. Once I can get a head of her she speeds up a bit to chase me. Fancy does agility for the treats and because I ask her to. She isn't one of those dogs who can't wait for her next run. But she sure likes the treats! I wrote that, read it, then realized it makes it sound like I run Fancy in agility only for me. I think that used to be true, but then I got Pie, and now Dottie, and I do not need to run three dogs. Now I run Fancy because I feel that when she comes to a trial, she expects to run and get treats. One day of running is enough though. I run Fancy in class only so she gets to do something. The training is good for me, but SHE doesn't need it. The mals to Schutzhund and obedience but without agility, Fancy wouldn't get special time with me. So that is why Fancy does agility.

Fancy- Click here.

Dottie- (Open level so course is different.) Her weaves were nice and fast. Listen for my phone to ring during the weaves. (Has nothing to do with weave speed, I've just never had a call while on course at a trial.) While walking the course I had been on the phone going over my reasons for leaving the dogs behind, so I forgot the second half. Both dogs in front of me didn't finish the course, so when I got out there I was kind of lost. Dottie did great anyway. She listens to "come!" very well, but I need to get her listening to my handling better. Probably I am unclear in my body language. The bar that came down was 110% MY fault.

Dottie- Click here.

Can't wait to be home with my dogs! One month to go.

No comments: