Thursday, March 24, 2011

Almost Time to Head Home!

Yesterday was the one week mark. After I zip out of here faster than you can say "Bye Mississippi!" (since that is a long word) I will still have 2 more days (spent mostly in TX) before I get to see the dogs. On the evening of the third day I'll make it to ffluffy's house and the dogs! I can't wait. I hope the dogs are not too upset to leave ffluffy. Fancy and Dottie have transferred their affections to ffluffy. Pie is Pie and would probably be equally happy living with a mutated phyco alien. She's easy to please. Fancy is not, so when ffluffy started describing Fancy's behavior towards her, I was surprised and happy for Fancy. ffluffy does not want to give her up. Dottie has also bonded with ffluffy because when ffluffy handed Dottie off to her boyfriend Kiltman so she could go in the restroom, Dottie voiced her disapproval. And she's been living with Kiltman! But he does not interact with her. That goes to show that in order to have the most enjoyment out of your dog, you have to interact with them. If you leave them in your back yard, their personalities will never come out. I thought Dottie was over her separation anxiety (which only is seen when I leave her with someone else and walk away or tie her up outside) because I've successfully left her with my mom outside a store, and even tied her up with the other dogs outside a store with no distress. But ffluffy leaving her with kiltman was distressing.

Here are various photos ffluffy took over the past few weeks.


Fancy got to go on the most hikes. Here her feet are ready to be ground up in a grindy thing used by Native Americans.


Pie being walked by kiltman and deciding tugging is better. Turns out it was at an agility trial (she was not entered) but usually at agility trials when she is walked by herself that means it is time to RUN so she was probably excited. I like the crazed took in her eye.


Dottie behaving for kiltman. I'm impressed she sat so nicely for him.


Fancy having another snuggle.

I took a test on Tuesday and got another 100%. Average is 98% Hoping for Distinguished Grad but no guarantees because someone with more rank has a score very close to mine...

One more bit of dog news- Mal Rescue is overrun with dogs needing foster homes- even more so than normally. So I'm bringing a young female back with me to foster. She is in Louisiana right now. Named Bandee, supposedly good with other dogs and all people, even kids. More info after I meet her but if anyone knows anyone interested, leave a comment. No chance I'm keeping her because my next dog is going to be an old poodle. Malinios eat too much to have too many of them. Old poodles hardly eat anything. And you aren't tempted to train your old poodle for SchH. So if anyone can think of a name that starts with a B and is like Bloom and Blossom, I'd love to hear it. Flowers that start with B? Thought of Bud, but you wouldn't know I was talking about flower bud, and it doesn't fit the theme because it actually sounds masculine. My old poodle will be male. Have to adopt out Bandee before I can find an old poodle though.

No comments: