Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cute Agility Video

For those who haven't seen it yet- Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Pie and Dottie don't even bother to wait until my back is turned. Pie immediately starts walking (no sly creeping from her) and Dottie kind of stays in the same place, but her barking also kind of moves her out of position. If I worked on it, both of them could get better. But I do not know that either of them loves agility so much they would "get it" if I took them off course for creeping the start line. Before I did that I'd work it outside the ring.

Mostly I don't care enough to fix it. In my mind it shows me they want to play so I'll just let it be.

I love this video because the music is so perfect, the intensity of the dogs for the game is so obvious, and I feel for the handler's frustration. Because we laugh at them (or the situation) but they do not find it amusing. I especially like the person who keeps pushing the rear down and it just pops right back up.

I've had a few discussions along the lines that start lines and lead outs are over-rated and don't give you much advantage on most courses. Just run with your dog! I like to use them for Pie because the less I move the more likely it is that bars will stay up. But I have to start moving at some point which makes it tricky because going from a dead stop to moving is also likely to "buy" me a bar. Before I left I was running with her more at the start. I'll have to remember to keep trying that when we start back up.

No comments: