Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another Old Agility Video- Invitational Finals 2010

Sorry for those non-agility people who may read my blog. I WILL get my New Orleans photos posted before too much longer. Nothing new to report from MS except I bought a GPS watch so I'll always know how far I walked/ ran. Someday I'll put it in Pie's pack (in a ziplock bag in case she finds water to swim in) to see how far she runs on a walk. Other than that- nothing new.

Fancy's Finals Run from 2010. (Click the underlined text.)

She ran much better than our first trip to the finals back in 2008. That can be seen here.

As in 2008, I caused a mistake. This time I kept moving forward, even though I could see her heading towards the wrong side of the tunnel. In my memory I was screaming so loud and I couldn't hear myself over the crowd. On the video the crowd seems to just groan quietly. Obviously the clapping was very effective on my part (sarcasm.) I never clap- apparently unless I am panicked!

Even though we were not clean, we still finished in 8th place- I think. If I am incorrect it is just a mistake, not an attempt to make ourselves better! I think (again, could be wrong) there were around 200 dogs in th 20 inch class.

It is very cool to make the finals and I wish we could have ran clean one year! This year we didn't make it because I messed us up before we even got into the finals- therefore, we didn't get to even try. But, as I say, I never expected to be in the finals, so I'll take the opportunity and be happy for it. Now the Invitational is moving to FL for 5 years and I do not expect to fly my dogs there.

As Reba says she, "might have been born just plain white trash but Fancy was my name and I made the finals twice at the AKC Agility Invitational!" (I added the last part- for those who might not be familiar with the song.)

No comments: