Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Two Weeks!

Until I leave! Very excited to see the dogs soon. I imagine they probably think I am not coming back. Pie and Fancy have experience with changing homes so perhaps for them it seems like it has happened again. Dottie, while a rescue, was young enough that it was just like a regular puppy going to a new home.

On the other hand, maybe they are like Greyfriars Bobby or Hachiko. Luckily I have not died as these dog's owners did. And I'm happy none of them thought of undertaking a quest to make their way home. I would think Fancy would be the most likely to try that. Pie and Dottie are not only not escape artists, but also seem to be more satisfied no matter who is in physical possession of them. I am very pleased Fancy did so well with ffluffy. Probably because ffluffy put a lot of effort into making her feel secure and wanted.

We tested again yesterday and I got a 95%. There were 20 questions and I missed one- the only T/F on the test. I had a 50% chance of getting the correct answer but it was not meant to be. I misunderstood the question. I remembered what the instructor said, and I remembered the section in the book, but I thought it was asking 1 vs 2 but it was really asking A vs B. Oh well. Two more tests to go.

Finally my sit-ups for my upcoming PT test are getting better. Not there yet. I have one minute and have to do 38. Today I did 30, but it was in one minute and 4 seconds. 30 is my new record though. I am up to 20 push-ups (almost don't make the last 2) and I have to do only 18. Doing the push-ups weakens my core including the stomach muscles so I will keep practicing more than I have to do, so come test day I'll just do 18 and hopefully have more strength left over for the sit ups. It is well known the females in my family have no stomach muscles. They should probably do a special on us on the Discovery Channel. I mostly use my upper thigh muscles for my sit-ups. I can't really figure out how to do a correct sit-up using my stomach muscles.

My run yesterday was awful. Very slow. I think my lunch was too big and the soda didn't help. Today was better but still not as fast as normal. The track is a weather oddity. Down one side there is a strong head wind. Then I turn a corner and don't notice anything. Then I turn another corner and where there should be a tail wind it is like I am sitting in a hot car with the windows rolled up. The heat is suffocating and there is NO breeze. Then another corner and a nice small cross breeze to cool me. And one more corner back to where I started and a horrible head wind again! Of course the head wind is on one of the long legs. Drat.

No comments: