Thursday, January 30, 2014

What Being a Mommy Means to Me

It means cooking and eating spinach so my daughter can learn healthy eating habits and hopefully learn to enjoy cancer fighting and energy giving foods.  Of course those who know me know I could eat pizza 5 days a week and ice cream for dinner the other 2 when on my own , so this is a big change for me.  I also made beef stir fry one night, and to get extra crazy I added rice that I cooked with soy sauce.  Another night I made pene pasta.  Ok, when I say "made" it means I opened the pouch and put it in the pan, but it is better than going out to eat.

The first night Missy did not eat the spinach, but tonight she did.  Yay, good girl!  She isn't a big veggie eater but she does love peas.  I' not sure how nutritious peas are, so I'm hoping to get her to eat more leafy type veggies.

I also bought (for the first time in my life) a papaya and a mango.  I fed her the mango yesterday and today.  And had a small bite myself.  Not bad.  She loved it. The dogs enjoyed the skin I cut off. Kinda expensive, so I don't think it will be an everyday thing.

No comments: