Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dottie Goes Herding

A friend bought Dottie a herding lesson for Christmas.  Dottie has been on sheep twice before, but sometimes dogs get worse rather than better each time, so I was interested to see what would happen.  This time the herding trainer took her in the ring.  The last times I did it, but since I don't really know what I'm doing, it was very helpful to have a knowledgeable person in charge.  For the first few seconds Dottie was concerned that I was outside the ring while she was inside without me.  Such a mama's girl.  But then she noticed the sheep and forgot about me!

She stayed nice and wide and didn't crowd the sheep.

She also didn't try to have any sheep for lunch, which is how Pie thinks herding should be done.



She wasn't crazy or out of control.


The trainer really liked her and said she hopes I bring her back.  But herding is one of the most expensive things you can do with your dog, and spending more cash on my dogs isn't on my radar.

My favorite part is when the trainer pet Dottie at the end and declared her "soft like a bunny." How silly.

No comments: