Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Testing...

I still plan to write about the cemetery, for those that haven't already visited on Facebook.

We have our first test coming up and most of it will be fine but there is (gasp!) math! Converting regular 10 (decimal) system into binary and back. Also converting a 16 based system (hexadecimal) to decimal and binary and back. Furthermore, there is another one I don't remember that is like hexadecimal but only goes up to 9. It doesn't bode well that I can't remember more than that. Time for more studying. I've been doing fine on the practice test but those who know me know math is not my subject- at all. I tend to mix numbers up and make odd mistakes even with the use of a calculator.

The test is only 30 questions. I prefer more questions so my percentage stays high even if I miss a few.

It got very cold here today. Monday was 67 degrees and today was 37! I went running again and the wind and light rain (but big drops) was most chilly for this California girl. I did a mile an a half in 17 minutes. What????? It should not have taken that long and I felt like I was maintaining a good pace. Perhaps the strong headwind slowed me down? But 3 whole minutes more than my timed run on Sunday?

I am very sore, to the point of being injured, from doing too many lunges and squats without any stretching first. I arrived at the group PT late on Monday, due to an appointment, missed the stretching and jumped right in. As time went on I could feel my muscles becoming injured (ie- pain and not just tiredness) but its not like I could just stand there so I continued. Now going up and down my stair and getting out of a chair and other such tasks are un-fun. Luckily I can still run, and right after the run I feel better for a short while, since my legs are all stretched out, but as soon as I get back in the car I tighten up again. Ouch.

Well, as I said- back to studying. More blogging later.

1 comment:

Older and Wiser said...

I like your new background, very clever (but sad too). Good luck with the math test!