Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Updates: No Updates

Sorry, check back later.

Well, just so you are not too disappointed, I can probably come up with something. Let's see... I had Popeye's Chicken for lunch and did not think it was that good.

Not exciting enough? Ok, how about the realization that the class is easier than my job? (For those who might not be aware, I am going to class in order to learn how to do the job that I am currently in, and have been in for around 3 years.) I suppose that is always true, that a school is easier than real life. It is relaxing and stress free to sit in a comfy chair, take notes, and laugh with (or at) the mostly really young boys who make up the class who are geeky enough to be going into professions such as programing and introduced themselves at the beginning of the class by saying they had no life before joining the Air Force, and hung their heads in conformation (or perhaps shame) when- after they revealed their lack of life pre-Air Force- the instructor asked them, "Gamer?" They talk about wow and I only just now figured out that stands for World of Warcraft. It is encouraging that they know playing games all day is not a real life. Hmm... dog training is pretty much like playing games all day. Uh-oh. But I do have a "real" job! That must count for something. One of the young boys had worked at Wendy's for 2 years before joining up. Apparently it took him 2 years to realize working at Wendy's wasn't taking him anywhere he wanted to go.

The only other tidbit I have to offer is I did my run a bit later today. I was jogging along on the track at my slow/medium pace and was oh-so-close to being done with 2 miles when the intro to the National Anthem started to play. If you are in civilian clothes you are supposed to stop and put your hand over your heart. Are you exempt if you are exercising? I was not sure. I observed the other runners and saw- No. Drat. I assumed the correct pose. By the time the music was done I had completely recovered and felt like I could have done another mile or so. But I decided not to get carried away and instead finished up at my medium/medium pace.

That's all I have. Oh wait! There is more! I was not feeling good yesterday and went to bed at 7 after studying for a bit. Whatever it was seems to have passed by and I feel good again.

That really is it. Test on Friday, then a few days off before I start an entirely new course. This current course is IT Fundamental Basics (today we learned about Unshielded Twisted Pair Cables, routers, converters, bridges, malware and random other stuff and yesterday we covered the ISO OSI 7 Layer Reference Model. And also a bunch of other stuff. "Other stuff" will probably not help me come the test on Friday so I am going to study more, just as soon as I stop typing this post that keeps getting longer, even thought I claimed to have no updates.

My course that starts next week is called Knowledge Operations Management. Another fancy government name that really does not tell you anything.

I will leave you with a picture that is really more for my benefit that yours. Back from when Bacon the foster dog was with me and I was watching ffluffy's dogs. But that was only for a few days, not 2 MONTHS! When I first took, then posted this picture, I did not see Fancy having a nice little roll in the grass. All I saw was Bacon, Dottie and Bob all chasing each other. Poor Fancy! I believe she was un-harmed. Since my sister pointed her out, I now realize this picture tells a story, I like it even more than I did. Pickle is also makes the picture better since he is hiding behind the a-frame. Watching, but not joining in. Pretty typical of him.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Your temporary logo at top amuses me greatly, although I'm sad for the reason you have to have it. Just think, next weekend will be a 1 dog weekend as Moxie will likely mog you while you visit us!

Three Dog Days said...

Yeah! "To be mogged!"