Saturday, February 12, 2011

Another Post About Videos

After I posted the below video, I was scrolling through my Youtube channel to see what other videos I wanted to watch and reminisce about. I noticed that my video, "Some of Fancy's Tricks" has 8,500 plus views. And it isn't even that great of a video! My guess is there are more Tibetan Terrier owners out there than you would expect, and they all want to watch videos of other TTs, but most of the TT videos are even less exciting than Fancy's trick video. I feel like once I get home I should post an updated version. I can't say she has really learned any new tricks though. I suppose the jumping through my arms trick, but other than that...

"Bloom's Third Agility Trial" has 700 views, "Fancy on the TV" (our Invitational Finals Run from Animal Planet) has 3,500 views, Fancy's Mach 2 run has 600 and "Hero Dogs" has 2,400. "How Pie Drinks" has 1,444 while "Pie Advanced Gamblers USDAA Jan 31, 2009" has the least views at 8.

In no way do I obsess about how many views I get. I just was amazed to see that over 8000 people had watched Fancy do tricks in the backyard. That got me looking at the other videos. It seems incredible over 8000 people have watched one of my videos, until you pull up a random video titled something like "Guard Dog Attack Training" and it has over a million views.

I end up watching a lot of agility videos. Sometimes people send me links or there are links on other blogs I'm reading or maybe I just randomly come across them. The thing that never fails to bother me is when people put "Thanks for watching!" at the end of the video. Same thing when people write, "Thanks for looking!" on ads on Craigslist. Ug. I watched because I wanted to, not as a favor to you. I suppose that sounds a bit harsh, but it just seems strange to thank me for doing something that I was doing because I wanted to. "Here is a dollar. Thank you so much for taking it!"

Now I'm off to watch my poor, lonely video that has only 8 views. Not to get the count up, but because I do not remember even creating it. Does Pie get the gamble? Do we Q? Do we look good? I'm about to find out.

No comments: