Monday, February 14, 2011

Surprise!

It's Pie! Click here to view.

I can't remember if I mentioned this here before or not. I stumbled across this website pawvilliage.com. I do not remember how I got there. But once there I found the search button and decided to see if Pie was in there. MUCH to my surprise, she was! A lot of dogs end up in databases if another dog in their pedigree is added, then they are listed as a litter mate, or if a dog has actually been bred, it is very likely to show up since the puppy owners might add the dog as the sire or dam.

Pie, however- having no pedigree- is unlikely to show up. What is she doing there and where did they get that picture? Actually, I am fairly certain where they got the picture. One of 2 places. The Goleta Valley Dog Club website or the old Sitstay.com discussion board. Either way, I think you are not supposed to take photos. However, I can't be too upset since they did take the photo to illustrate the correct dog (namely, Pie) and are not claiming that the photo of Pie is actually a photo of a dog they have for sale, or something along those lines.

In addition to having a correct (if old) photo of Pie, they also have all her titles correct, and have listed her Obedience Master points. Impressive. Actually, since I first stumbled across this site, she has earned more titles that are not listed. Maybe I will have to shoot them an email to update her titles, and send in a nicer picture. This photo comes from the very first hike I took her on. Was she still a "foster" dog when I took her on this hike? My memory is not that great. Maybe to be very honest with myself, I should admit I knew Pie as staying fairly early on. Maybe as early as... as soon as the anesthesia from her spay wore off and it became apparent her amazingly good nature was not the result of a drug induced stupor. So yes, at the time of this hike, I probably knew Pie was not a foster anymore.

Unlike Dottie who was a foster for a very long time and I kept trying to pawn her off on anyone who made eye contact with me.


Can you really blame me? She was so funny looking!
(Don't be so upset- that wasn't the reason I wasn't going to keep her. I believe I've already blogged about the pros and cons of keeping Ms. Dot at the time of the actual decision.)

From this site, it would appear someone is obsessing about Pie as much as I do. (Probably not quite...) Dottie has not made an appearance yet. It may be that whoever added Pie now knows I am aware of the site, and expects me to add Dottie on my own. I might just have to do that.

And one more website that talks about Pie- a short report on the Invitational back in December- click here.

No comments: