Friday, February 4, 2011

First Test Results Are In

I scored 100%! I proved I know what what a monitor is. I proved I know the hazards of electric shocks. (Those are not actual test questions because that would be compromising the test and Very Bad but they are areas we covered in class so it gives you an idea what the test was about.) Don't be too excited for me because I think 6 other people also scored 100. The class average was 95%, again proving that it was not a difficult test.

On the math portion, after I had my answer, I converted it back the other way. (For example if the problem was to covert 2 into binary and the answer was 10, I then took the 10 and did the steps to convert my binary answer back into a decimal number to be sure it equaled the original question, 2.) Therefore, I was assured I had the correct answer.

Now we are onto Block 2. I'm not sure what we cover in Block 2 but it involves a computer lab (as in the manner of a biology lab.) All the labs have signs- Remove all jewelry before entering lab (there is the electric shock hazard again.) I wonder if they ever have students who are unable to remove wedding rings?

The instructor assured me the lab portion of the test is pass/ fail and even more assurance: no one has ever failed. Phew.

1 comment:

Older and Wiser said...

Congrats! We had complete faith in your abilities.