Thursday, February 17, 2011

Some More Old Dog Pictures

Meaning pictures that I took a while ago...

Not in chronological order:


Pie once tried to do me a favor by digging me a hole for a swimming pool. Luckily the house where I was living at the time just had a huge dirt yard, so after declining her thoughtful gift, I just filled the hole back in.


Pie can fly. She might actually get to do real dock diving this weekend with ffluffy.


Fancy jumps, but doesn't fly.


Bloom on his very first day home. I actually adopted him before my new dog friendly apartment was available, so he spent a few days with my mom. I had bought this sweater as a present for her, for her someday future Scottish Terrier, but she felt Bloom was cold and needed it more. Very sweet, my mom.


Fancy booking on the dogwalk.


Pie's shelter picture.


Note to self- Tomato JUICE is not the same as tomato SAUCE. Guess who didn't realize she was buying the wrong thing? Didn't work anyway. Just masks the smell for a bit. The Dawn dish soap (to remove the oil) and vinegar treatment ended up working well.


Check out that drool!


Pie likes a big stick.


But is not beneath asking for help if she needs it. It is so nice when sisters share.



Leg of lamb, anyone?


Love the sinister expression on her face. I can just tell she is relishing how she is going to destroy this toy. I bought it for her as a reward for earning an obedience title, possibly her UD.


So typically Pie. Hamming it up with the judge. I think I've lost weight since this picture was taken- thank goodness.


Sheba the long haired rott I had growing up and my pet chicken Oreo. This was probably around 2000. Oreo used to live at the Magic Mnt. Animal Farm where I worked but was attacked by another chicken and lost an eye. I took her over as a training project then the management gave her to me. She lived in a lab cage in our backyard and laid 2 eggs. My dad ate the one that didn't break and thought it tasted funny. She would sit on my shoulder (but was actually a bit big for that.) She pecked Sheba on the nose and after that Sheba was not thrilled with her. I staged this picture.


Sheba as a puppy. Genetics are so interesting! Not only did she get a different temperament along with the long hair (it comes from Berners and I think she had the temperament of a BMD) but look! She also got the ears of a Berner. Rott ears should not go past the brown on the face. Her ears are too big. Her daddy is a super famous show Rott (I'm not supposed to say who!) and her mom was also a Ch, so they did not have big ears. Isn't that interesting?



Fancy waiting pathetically while I take the trash out. You'd think I had just abandoned her at the pound. The sad part is she actually has that memory.


I love this picture. And Fancy loves to hike.


Fancy in the shelter right before I adopted her.


Liberated from the shelter, about to be groomed.


I was trying to get a picture with Pie and her Open Agility New Title Ribbons, but she was not cooperating.


And lastly, Fancy with HER toy.

2 comments:

Older and Wiser said...

Hey! What are the dogs doing in my pool!

Three Dog Days said...

I used photoshop to create the illusion that they were in your pool.