Sunday, February 13, 2011

Recap of My Second Week at School

I got a 100% on my second test also. It was almost too easy for the amount of studying I did. Ah well, better too easy than too hard, because if I fail a test I get "washed back" and have to repeat the course and stay here longer. Which means being away from the dogs even longer. So I'd much rather over study and have a test be "too easy" than too hard.

After finishing the test I checked in with the new course. I'm doing two courses while here, IT Fundamental Basics, which I just finished, and Knowledge Operations Management, which starts on Wednesday. Why it does not start on Monday I have no idea. Even though class does not start, since I'm on orders, I still have to show up to the class building, and I might get put to work. Or I might not. I have no preference either way- I would prefer class started on Monday. When I picked which time to come, I purposefully picked a course that had as little down time between the classes as possible. Two days is not too bad. Some were a full week.

I did not do anything very exciting today. I watched a movie (comedy, I suppose) called K-9 while updating my FB and the previous blog post. It is cop movie with a GSD. In movies with dogs biting people, they always have the dog making all kinds of noise while biting. As I understand it, in reality, a dog who is trained to bite (such as a police dog) shouldn't be making that much noise. Noise while biting is a sign of conflict, stress or insecurity and a police dog SHOULD be more confident that that. But a dog being totally silent while biting someone probably isn't good acting. It was worthwhile to watch the movie while waiting for my slow Internet connection to update, but overall, I would not recommend anyone run out and rent it.

I also did another run today. I've realized the only way to get my time down is to push myself really hard each run. I like to run slow and long but that just is not helping me. So I did the mile and a half, gasping the whole time, and did it in 14:08. That's good. My last run I did it in 14:something close to 15 but afterward I ran another 1/2 mile for a total of 2 miles. Today I tried to keep doing after the 1.5 miles, but had to stop.

Then I had a nice phone call with mom (Hi Mom!) and after that ffluffy, who reported Fancy got to sleep in her sleeping bag while they were camping at an agility trial because Fancy was cold. She also said Dottie tries so hard to be good. I thought the "tries" was ominous but she assured me she generally succeeds. Dottie and BC Bob got to have some fun play time after the trial.

I've been here 15 days and I've read 6 books. That is a lot of reading. Annddd... I have nothing further to report.

No comments: