Sunday, January 31, 2010

MACH Pie!!!


Pie earned her Master Agility Champion on Jan 30th, 2010. Then today she earned her first double Q towards her MACH 2. She has been very consistent lately. Pie is only three years old and this is fairly young to have a MACH and a Utility Dog and also compete in another agility organization- USDAA and earn her MAD. It was never a goal of mine to see how much I could accomplish with Pie at a tender age. It has just happened that way. She's done everything I've ever asked, and the only thing she has not been Check Spellingsuccessful at is herding. (She thinks sheep are yummy and for chewing on instead of herding.)



Pie kisses.


In addition to agility at the park, Pie engaged in another of her favorite pastimes, having children pet her. Some boys with skateboards were watching Pie practice obedience after the agility show and came over to meet her. Pie loves kids, so she was happy to meet them.


There is a video of our runs from the weekend here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2uS446iLNk&feature=youtube_gdata




I also practiced some more with Dottie and every time I work her I get excited about how keen to work she is, and how smart she appears to be. Another fun Malinois!



But since this post is about Pie, I won't let her little sister close it out. The spotlight fades to black on MACH The Pie UD RA XF MAD BH OB1 CGC. It is ready to shine brightly on her next scene. Next on Pie's "To Do List?" The AKC Nationals in Oklahoma!


Pie with the judge and our huge ribbon.




Even though this is a Pie Post and I won't let Dottie steal Pie's thunder, I will let Fancy intrude a bit since she is the older sister. Fancy also got two double Qs and two fourth places which is a good accomplishment in the competitive 20 inch class. Yesterday at USDAA Fancy qualified in all five of her runs.



Fancy's runs from the AKC trail can be viewed here.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpoI2iExkMw&feature=youtube_gdata


Fancy is a good girl too!



What is it called when you have 2 dogs and both of them get double Qs both days. Octuple Q?

OK- done with the bagging. My mother always told me it isn't polite.


Apparently I am getting sick and among other things my sneezing is disrupting the puppy's chewing.

3 comments:

Older and Wiser said...

That is the biggest ribbon I hav every seen! Congratulations to both!

Claire said...

Laura says "Aunt Marla's dogs always win. They're the best!"

Congrats, and I love the picture of Pie kisses!!

PS. Did I tell you Laura and I watched 'National Velvet' and Laura sat for the whole thing and LOVED it?

katie said...

Many congratulations all the way around!