Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009 The Long Version

Christmas 2009 was great. Claire and Laura were here- sadly her husband is deployed.

Our Christmas began with our traditional Christmas Eve dinner at Pizza Hut.


Nana and Laura. So cute!



Kurt, looking snazzy (he took his jacket off to eat) and Claire.


Craig and I. Mom cut off the bunny ears.


Me and Dad. And his Diet Coke.
After dinner we went to the Midnight Mass. I forgot my camera so no pictures.

After Mass I wanted a picture with my dogs, but it didn't go very well. Dottie got a hold of Pie's antlers.



We tortured Molly with the antlers too. Mom had to remind her to hold still.


Poor Roscoe was also subjected to the horror of the antlers.

Next up was Christmas morning! I gave the dogs their present. They enjoyed it, and even shared with the other dogs. I can't figure out how the other dogs are "related" to my dogs. My mom calls my dogs her granddogs, and her dogs are her replacement children, so does that make her dogs my dog's aunt and uncle? I'm confused.








Pie thought it was just the right size for her mouth.



Next up, presents!


Craig liked a book he got.



Kurt like his movie.



The tree. A true masterpiece.



I like my laptop. As this photo so nicely demonstrates. Also notice my new comfy slippers.



Dad also got a good book.



Laura liked her hobby horse. But it didn't fit in the suitcase to go home with her, so it might become a present for my dogs.



So beautiful!

After a delicious (and traditional) breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast, we went on the walk.

Mom and Dad. Most of my pictures didn't turn out since they were taken into the sun. Usually my camera cancels out the sun, but it was having some glitches.



Muddy puppy.



Fancy off in the distance, with Roscoe, Molly, Dad and Dottie. Pie is roaming the hills somewhere.



Molly got impaled by Dottie's stick! Watch out Molly!




Christmas dinner. Sooooo good. Kurt's lady friend Cindy joined us.
I'd say Christmas 2009 was a success!

One of Laura's presents was a self paint bank. Since I gave it to her, I got to help her paint it. Mostly I supervised, but I also set up the water and newspaper. Laura enjoyed it and decided on the "more colors is better" approach. Of which I approve, because what else are you going to do with a pig?
I am always glad I get to spend Christmas with my family.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Great pictures! It was a great trip, albeit too short. And I just now realized we left the horse there. Oops! Laura's bank made it home in one piece (placed carefully in my carry on) and now resides on her bookcase (a true place of honor). Definitely one of her favorite gifts!

Older and Wiser said...

I didn't look my best in the pictures - especially at Pizza Hut. What can I say? If I knew that poor Roscoe was being so put upon I would have put a stop to it!