Friday, January 29, 2010

Stalker

Is it possible to stalk your own dogs? Stalk as in creepy person who watches you or follows you around?


I like to watch my dogs sleep. But if I said that about a person, such as, "I like to watch Joe (don't worry, I don't really know any Joe's) sleep" I'd be a stalker for sure.


In my defense, the dogs are so cute when they sleep. Fancy, as seen in previous posts, curls up in a tiny ball with her nose tucked in. She sleeps very deeply and doesn't move.


Pie picks all kinds of strange positions but her ears always stay pointy (it just strikes me as silly, as if I think they should get floppy when she relaxes) and since she isn't fluffy, you can see her eyes are closed. Pie often experiences jerks and twitches and utters strange and sometimes loud sounds. I actually do not enjoy watching her be active in her sleep because it seems frantic and not calm like sleep should be.


Dottie isn't as cute of a sleeper as the other two, and it is somewhat rare for her to sleep when she is out of her crate. But when she does sleep, it is like a toddler sleeping and I can't help but think how sweet and innocent she looks, and I enjoy the reprieve from her reign of terror. Of course, her ears stay pointy too.


After our long agility day, they are all sleeping now and I should probably join SA (Stalkers Anonymous) because I like to watch them when they are sleeping. Not that I sit there and stare at them the entire time they are asleep. I just glance at them occasionally. Please. I'm not THAT strange. (Yet.)

1 comment:

Claire said...

I stalk Moxie all the time, and Laura too. Sometimes I just sit there and stare at Moxie if she is laying next to the computer being really cute. And I once woke Laura up by kissing her while she was asleep.

So if you're a stalker, I definitely am too!