Friday, January 22, 2010

Rain Walk

I couldn't post this when I first wrote it because the internet went down and stayed down. However, the internet should now work much better because the company moved the satellite from the house to the top of the hill behind us and trenched a cable down to the house. I will have to investigate how they got over or around or under the river.

I took the day off today since I was supposed to go to a seminar on puppy agility training, but in was canceled.



I didn't sleep very well because it rained hard and I kept waking up hearing the rain, imagining the creek over flowing its banks and washing me away. Obviously that hasn't happened yet, and probably it isn't very likely to happen, but maybe other people caught in flooding have thought the same thing. A huge, quickly flowing, darkly muddy, writhing, rolling, malevolent river right outside my porch, way too wide and deep to cross, lapping at my feet- that is the image that caused me to sleep fitfully. The road that shows up in some of my picture posts where we walk the dogs that is now closed because it got washed away in flooding shows me the power moving water is capable of- not something I hope to deal with. (How did you like that sentence?)



I slept late, then took the dogs for a walk. It was not raining when I left, but it started to rain while walking. However, the really heavy rain waited until we were almost home to start. When I got up I checked out the creek and it was running quickly with a few inches of water. I decided I would just walk through it in my work boots because they would have all weekend to dry. (I need to buy rubber boots.) But when I arrived at the creek, it was dry! I dries out very quickly, I guess.



Instead of putting all the pictures in a post, I made a video. The dogs are good dogs- they keep me entertained!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrkj-9zhAYI

No comments: