Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lazy Sunday

The weather was beautiful today. The sun was warm on my skin, but the outside temperature was not uncomfortably hot. Once the wind died down it was perfect.

Here's a recap of my first Sunday in 2010. (I say two thousand ten. None of this twenty ten nonsense for me. Although, like every other American, I did say nineteen eighty one- a good year- so keeping things consistent, I suppose I should say 20 10. After all one thousand nine hundred eight one is just silly.)

Anyway... got up, went to church, got my hair cut short, went grocery shopping, took the dogs for a walk, trained the pup just a little, finished Undead and Unreturnable (mindless entertainment) yesterday so started Steven King Under the Dome today, reading outside. Pup couldn't stop eating whatever she could get her mouth on in the yard- dirt, mushrooms, sticks, who knows? so tried a basket muzzle but that didn't go over well. Weather got cooler, went inside. Reflected Dottie's housetraining seems to have turned a corner for the better. Watched Fancy make ugly faces at Dottie. Did laundry. Reflected that Dottie is settling in the house a bit more. Blogged. Wasted time on Internet. Read more UtD. Blogged again (that would be now.)

The plan for the rest of the Lazy Sunday is to read more UtD (it has 1074 pages and I'm on 143- what can I say, the muzzle incident interrupted my reading- and it is due back to the library in February. )

As I watched Dottie chew on Pie's neck (more time I could have been upping my page count) I realized I could have named Dottie Betsy, after the main character in UDaUW et al. Those who have read the books should consider the similarities and see that I am correct. Plus, for extra points, her name would then be connected to Pie's.

Off to be lazy some more...

No comments: