Saturday, October 29, 2011

Videos from This Saturday

Fancy Saturday Standard.


Double Q!


Fancy Jumpers.



I am wearing sandals because this was my first run of the day and I actually missed her run and when I realized that I didn't have time to put my shoes on. She was moving pretty slow so I couldn't leave her in the weaves like I wanted to.

Dottie Jumpers.



Sort of a disaster. I wanted to run her like an experienced dog and see if we could do it the "right" way instead of the "chicken" way. Not so much! I can get lateral distance no problem in class- but it seems not in shows. She didn't go "out" really at all. That surprised me. Two things to work on! If I had run it the easy way, I wouldn't have learned about these weaknesses. I think she knocked the bar on the closing because it was a very fast line that allowed her to get up to her full huge stride, and one she is in full stride, the jumps are too close. It should have been a two stride jump, but I think for her it was only a stride and a half.

Pie's jumpers run did not get filmed but I ran her the exact same way and since she is more experienced it worked and we got a Q and first place. Pie did a really nice job.

Pie Standard



Nice run- just one jump away from a QQ. Jumping at 24 again- I thought I had entered her 20. I don't want to do 24 twice in a row. That jump came down hard. I think she tried to adjust her stride but it just didn't work. I walked the opening with 2 fronts but the tire was not obvious and I was afraid lateral distance would pull her off. Plus the second rear helped indicate the turn away from the double draw of the A frame and tunnel.

Dottie Standard.



Just naughty on the weaves. Remember how she used to do that a lot? She just ran by- didn't even try for the entry. Odd about the a frame. Yes I was far behind her, but she should go into 2 on 2 off and stay there. Instead she turned around to see what was taking me so long and then put her feet back on the frame. That gave us an off course. Guess I need to be faster. And train for that.


I'm watching the Rhodesian puppy again. She came to the show and visited lots of dogs and people. She and Dottie have been playing pretty much non-stop since we got home. However, now she is past out as only small children and puppies can be after a big day.

I ventured out into the world for a non-dog even last night and saw a play at the community college. The Drowsy Chaperone. A comedy/ musical written in modern day but set in the 20's. Done in the style of a 20's musical but it is introduced by a modern guy listening to the record of the old musical in his apartment. He narrates his favorite parts and gives us little insights into the old actors playing the parts. Creative and funny.

No comments: