Sunday, October 30, 2011

Good Day For Pictures

Another day of agility and today I didn't get any of my runs filmed. Which is too bad because I had some nice ones! Fancy had another QQ and Pie had a first in Standard and would have had a QQ and first in jumpers, but I did a front cross between 2 jumps in a line and the second was off set and she just ran right by it. Darn! Dottie ran amazing in both runs, but popped out of the weaves in standard (better do some weave training) and sucked into an off-course tunnel in the opening of jumpers. I tried the same front cross with her since I had nothing to loose and I must have been in a better position but this time I also indicated the jump. Both helped, no doubt. Except for the popping of the weave poles (since she did that yesterday also) I am so pleased with Dottie's speed, effort and excitement. I think any day now we will start Qing more consistently. Especially if I do some weave training.

At the trial someone set up an elaborate Halloween prop and allowed us to take pictures with our dogs. Except for that, I didn't get into Halloween at all this year.


The Mals are not scared.



Fancy is....


I hope that nasty rat does not bite Pie's leg. And the terribly huge spider better not eat Dottie. Or me!

After the trial when we were cleaning up, I spotted some people I know practicing a straight lure course. We meandered over and were allowed to join in! Fancy has tried lure coursing in the past, and although she chases real critters every time she sees them, she disdains chasing trash. (The lure is a plastic bag.)

Pie coursed once before and started off strong but got distracted by a bird's nest on the ground along the way. This time didn't go much better. I showed her the bag with a hand signal "mark." It seems she thought I was showing her a squirrel in the line of trees next to the lure because when I released her she peeled away from the lure and ran to investigate the trees like she was convinced there was something up there.

Luckily Dottie saved the day by taking 2 turns and running beautifully. She doesn't care if it is real or trash, she just wants to run!


I think her ears are creating drag. We may need to tape them down next time.


4 off the floor.

1 comment:

Older and Wiser said...

Great pictures! Happy Halloween!