Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dottie- 1 Down, 3 to Go

And I hope they never go because we are talking about her canines.




I do not know where or when this upper canine went missing. K's husband had his 6 month old GSD out at the trial and we were talking about how big is teeth are. Dottie had tiny teeth- they are the same size as Fancy's. When I was relaxing at home, I decided to torture myself by looking at her tiny teeth. Imagine my surprise when one was missing!

There is no redness, or swelling, and I never saw her bleeding. The hole is already closed. I know for a fact she had all her teeth right before the SchH trial because when she was having trouble with the retrieve I checked her teeth to see if they were broken or causing her pain. Since then I would have hoped I would notice if she was missing any.

On Friday I was helping K do some agility training and we heard a dog screaming in pain in my car. By the time I ran over the dog had stopped and no one was in obvious distress. Had Dottie somehow managed to catch it on something then? I checked her crate to see if I could find a tooth but I did not find anything.

K says Dottie can continue bite work.

Any information leading to the discovery of when or why this happened will be offered a reward.

No comments: