Saturday, September 5, 2009

I'm Back!!

Finally I am back online. The first thing I did was catch up on everyone else's blog.

Even though I'm back online, I'm not fully operational. Apparently my computer was too far from the wireless router, and couldn't get a signal. So I moved the computer to my kitchen floor. The monitor is on top of the CPU, the mouse is on the floor, and the keyboard is balanced on my knees. And Blossom keeps getting in the middle of it all and won't go away.

Speaking of Blossom, he is trouble. Anyone who associates with him needs to aware that he refuses to be trained to stay in the house even if the door is open. So think of him as a house cat and close all doors when he is around, or he will run out the door and down the street and not come back until you run him into the ground. Of course, for all his running off, if I leave him in the house and I go outside, or if he is locked in his crate in another room, he won't stop whining because he doesn't want to be separated from me.

My house is now all unpacked and set up, but I might have to move my computer desk. However, I am pretty sure I can buy a wireless router signal booster- then I can keep the desk where it is.

Random Updates:

A few nights ago I spotted a bunny on our back lawn. The gardener says the bunnies are responsible for the dead grass, so I opened the back door and told Pie to "go get it!" Instead, it turned out to be the bunny from Monty Python and it got her. She came back (when I called her) with a large gash and puncture wound on her snout below her eyes. It was pretty nasty. I don't truly think the bunny did it, because the puncture wound was not shaped like a bunny tooth. She night have run into a stick or something along those lines.

The next day I took her to the vet because puncture wounds are dangerous. My vet was closed so I went to one that was recommended as cheap. The vet put Pie on one of those metal moving tables, and tied her on with a noose around her neck. Then he looked at the wound and told me to go home and not be such a worrier. Then he putted around writing up a bill and handed it to his receptionist, who told me my charge for the day was "nothing." That's my kind of vet bill! I'll have to go back there in the future.

Speaking of vets and bills, I had Knotty's test repeated for distemper, since she is now in the window that the vaccine should not interfere. Bad luck- it still came back positive!! I am convinced she cannot possibly have distemper since a) she doesn't have any of the symptoms b) she's not even sick and c) she's supposedly had it for over a month now and she isn't dead. But, I can't risk other people's dog's health, so she has to remain in quarantine until the test comes back negative. The poor puppy is going out of her mind being cooped up 24/7. She is also getting really big, and heavy to be carrying back and forth to the potty spot. Plus, to make her life more entertaining, she has taken up struggling as I carry. Here's a fun way to spend your time: Carry a crazed Malinois puppy in one hand and the flashlight in the other to a potty spot 50 yards away three times a day. Fun for the whole family!

Knotty was probably about 8- 10 weeks old when I got her. She still hasn't started to loose her puppy teeth, so she was not three months old when I picked her up.

I'm having a fence put in right now, around my agility yard. I bought the fencing material and a very handy man that Kate knows is putting it up. He has a helper, but I think the original handy man is doing most of the work.

On Monday I'm having a BBQ so anyone who reads this and knows where I live is welcome to attend!

No comments: