Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cute Crate Picture, Bad Crate Picture

Fancy and Pie have been sharing a crate while Knotty monopolizes Blossoms. It keeps Fancy happy because being physically touching another dog gives her security while I'm not home. I like how Fancy is resting her chin on Pie and Pie's nose is sticking out of the crate.



Last weekend I went to a show and left Fancy and Blossom home (and Knotty too, of course.) Even though Blossom was in the crate next to her, two inches away, Fancy became so distraught she shredded this lamp cord through the bars of the crate. Sigh. Notice I did take the crate pad out before I left her alone (not really alone, Blossom was there!) because I know that is likely to get shredded when she is "alone."



The crate is missing some wire because when I first got Fancy she had a meltdown in the crate because she was left alone and broke it, impaling her foot in the process. I then moved her to a plastic airline crate. The hole used to be up against a wall, so I never noticed how far she can stick her head out of it. I'm surprised she doesn't wiggle all the way out. Lucky for me and the house, apparently the hole is just a bit too small.

No comments: