Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pie's First Schutzhund Trial

Pie entered her first Schutzhund trial on Friday and Saturday. She was entered for her BH and OB1. You have to pass the BH before you can go on to compete in anything else. The BH is a temperament and basic obedience test. The OB1 is the same obedience routine as the dogs competing in Schutzhund 1 attempt, but she is allowed to do obedience only and does not have to compete in protection or tracking. To get the ScH1 title, you have to pass tracking, obedience, and protection all in the same day.

But since Pie isn't ready for the other two phases, we competed in obedience only. I always feel it is most honest to mention it was a very small trial, but I am still proud to say Pie had the High Score for Obedience. She also passed her BH.

I had one of my friends film everything, and I added explanations in the videos, so I won't go into everything here.

BH Test- Obedience

BH Test- Traffic Portion

The Obedience Routine


The BH was on Friday and I had eaten a dinner that was too big. I was also nervous, even though I'm not sure what I had to be nervous about, and I wasn't sure I could make it through the routine with out being sick. The thought of being sick made me more nervous, which made me feel more sick. I thought it wasn't going to be pretty, but I managed to survive.

As usual, Pie was a good dog!


Pie with her High Obedience Trophy
Pie and I with the judge.

No comments: