Saturday, September 19, 2009

Agility Demo

This is almost old news by now, but our base had a Family Day, and I volunteered the dog club I am a member of to do an agility demonstration. We had over 10 members and dogs come out. I used my equipment, which worked well. Except for the fact that my beautiful chute that matches my contact equipment and tire got lost. How do you loose a chute? It just have flown up and over the side of the stake bed truck, since I can't imagine anyone on base stealing it. I can't remember if I unloaded it on base or not. Since the day it was lost, I've been looking for it along the side of the road, including getting out to walk along and look it the very deep and over grown ditches that line several of the roads on the way into work. If I ever disappear, be sure to look for me in the ditches. They are seriously deep.

The demo went well. We had a huge crowd and people on base are still coming up to me and telling me how neat it was. I narrated and explained agility and also some information about each dog ruining. Mom, Dad, and Craig also attended Family Day and saw the demo, so they are all off the hook for coming to any agility functions for another few years.

If you find my chute, please let me know! http://ventura.craigslist.org/laf/1369676660.html

No comments: