Thursday, September 24, 2009

You Won't See Me Until December

I just realized that my plans to drive my two dogs and I to the AKC Agility Nationals in March 2010 in Oklahoma may have a wrench thrown in the clogs. Or a technicality in the equation. Either way, the result is Fancy isn't qualified to attend!! You need to have 6 Double Qs and 400 points and I've been watching Pie's tally to be sure she makes it. I just checked and as of her last show she has 6 DQs and 404 points. Then I realized I should probably check on Fancy since she is entered in agility shows so infrequently. Imagine my surprise, nay- horror, to find that my dog who has qualified every year we have had no plans of attending is not qualified. Not by a large margin! She has only 2 DQs and only 259 points.

The end of the qualifying period is the last day of November. So if you don't see me until December, now you know why. I know she can get the DQs, but can we tally up 141 points in just a few weekends? We'll see... Come on Fancy! We need your best speed and highest consistency. Glory and fame await us in Oklahoma (that might be an oxymoron). But we won't have either if we aren't allowed to enter.

Maybe not quite glory and fame, but we like dramatics around these parts.

Speaking of dramatics, stay tuned for the fire report.

And in other agility related news, if we do make the 141 points, Fancy will have her Mach 3 before we are done.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Wow, you and Fancy have a lot of work ahead of you! I know you both can do it though. Hopefully you will not be totally gone until December, since we're excited about seeing you in just 2 weeks!

I'm waiting with bated breath for the fire report!