Saturday, September 5, 2009

Walkies

Even though the paths are overgrown, the dogs and I still enjoy walking on the 20 acre parcel behind our house. After the first walk where Blossom brought home most of the plants along the way, he doesn't get to come anymore. Don't worry, he doesn't mind.


Looking towards our house. The white fence is our property boarder.
Looking south. The smoke from the fires was visible over the hills. These pictures are from a few days ago. The winds have shifted and the smoke isn't as visible now.


A plant nursery boarders the 20 acre walking spot.
Pie strikes a pose.
Fancy too.
Then they both build muscle tone by running up a hill.


I don't know what this is. I also found a spigot, so I turned it on to see if I could be a criminal and steal water, but it didn't work. Probably for the best so I don't get tempted.
In the fall I will harvest some wild pumpkins. Note all the evil foxtails. I have to be careful to pick them out of Fancy's feet.
Fancy and Pie say, "Bye for now!"
Onto more serious news: the fires. We are far away from all of them, but we can see the smoke. Even though I'm further from the ocean now, the ocean breeze still is keeping us smoke free. Until the Santa Annas kick in, I suppose.
Yuck. I'm sure the people's lives who have been forever changed by this fire have stronger thoughts than "yuck."

The smoke appears to be even more sinister than a normal fire.

Here is a picture from the Bunny Encounter. The wound looked worse in person, I can assure you.
Poor Pie. She didn't seem to notice.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I'm so happy that you are back to posting! How do you like your new place? I hope we will see pictures of it soon. Even though I'm not one for walks in nature (shudder) your property looks pretty fun. I wish there was somewhere like that for Moxie.

Laura and I feel very bad for Pie, and Laura wants to know why you didn't put a bandaid on her nose. Maybe it was Bunnicula who attacked Pie!

Three Dog Days said...

But Bunnicula only sucked the juices out of veggies. Pie is not a veggie. Unless Bunnicula thought she was a pumkin pie... That Laura is too silly.