Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I had a very nice Easter with my family and the dogs. I got up and took the dogs (my 3, Bonnie the foster, and my parent's 2) on a short walk. Then we went to Easter mass, took another walk (minus Bonnie and with the parents,) struggled with my computer to get Facebook to work (I'm downloading some Adaware now since McAffee didn't find anything. The Internet is working slowly, but I can't really get Facebook to work at all.)

We also took some Easter Pictures.


The Good Easter Dogs.


The Not So Good Easter Dogs. Except for Fancy, who is always good.

Then we ventured to the backyard where it had stopped drizzling but was still chilly to try some photos with me...reminiscent of the photo from a few years back, seen here. (2009.)

Easter 2009
(See Mom- we usually do have eggs and bacon on Easter...)

Yes, I'm wearing the same shoes- I only need 1 pair of high heels. Yes, the yard decorations are mostly the same. I purposely did not wear the same dress- I want to pretend that I own some nice clothes! Besides the dress, the only thing that did change are the dogs. Minus Bloom :( plus Dottie. :)

As almost always, getting all the dogs and myself to behave in the picture was a task of epic proportions. The photographer had some fun and documented the sequence of events.

I present: Photographing Malinois, Tibetan Terriers, and a Caucsian Female of German-Irish Decent on Easter Sunday Afternoon in Southern California on a Cloudy Day in April, the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Eleven, At Around Approximently Thirteen Hundred Hours in the Afternoon: A Photographic Journey Experience Essay by Mary Kernan.


Dottie will not sit on the step where I want her.


Dottie tries to escape.


Dottie is put into a new position.


All dogs in position except Dottie is hiding behind Fancy.


Fancy gets fed up and decides she has had enough but is snagged before she gets too far.


My feet are placed in the ready position to stabilize myself in case I need to quickly nab a fleeing dog.


I think Pie's eyes might be closed, but it is hard to tell with her. It is annoying Blogger messes some photos up (doesn't save the rotation.)


Fancy contemplates another escape attempt.



The dogs look good but the photographer catches me with my eyes closed. The dogs have worn me out with their mischievous ways.


Finally!

I think it should be noted how good Pie looks in all the pictures. It is almost impossible to take a bad picture of Pie. All you have to do is say cookies! and she points her ears and cocks her head. Good Pie!

No comments: