Monday, April 18, 2011

Dogs, Dogs, Dogs

This is why Fancy tends to be grumpy. Always being squished by a Malinois.





It is hard to type with a Malinois head in your way. Sometimes various heads type for me, but I wish they wouldn't, since it is never what I want typed.


More squishing and notice Bonnie curled up next to the crate in the background.


And even more squishing!


I bought the dogs around 280 pounds of raw food today. It should put weight back on the Mals. Everyone was back on kibble while I was gone and Pie especially was not digesting it well and lost weight.

I hope it all fits in my special dog food freezer. I had to get turkey necks as they were out of duck necks. Fancy is picky with her raw and might find the larger necks too much work to eat. The Malinois seem to get satisfaction from tough chews, or, if it is too tough, they just swallow it, which isn't ideal.


Investigating and tasting.





Yummy. For Dottie, not for me.


Another running contact session today. It is getting worse. Her striding is back to one jump down the down plank, then one jump off. Jumping is bad, running is good. It isn't called a jumping contact, after all. This is the same striding I was getting on a flat board a year ago. I would go back to a lower height except for this is the same striding I get at the lowest height (no height.)

I might go back to just downsides, not the entire dog walk. That way she has less speed and it is harder to jump. I can get lots of rewards in for the correct behavior and when I go back to the full dog walk and she jumps, she might realize what gets a reward and what does not. Her reward is running to the toy which is set far away from the end of the dog walk and then we tug. If she is wrong we don't tug, I just make her out and leave the toy there.

Here is the video from today.

Watch.

1 comment:

Dove said...

Those pics are FABULOUS!!!
~Roxie
Yeah, give those boxes a investigation!!!
~Dyno
Great training session!
~Bella