Sunday, November 1, 2009

Gerfy or Gurfy?

Either way, neither is listed in the dictionary, or to be found on line except as last names. So, it appears a word we have been using our entire lives is not really a word at all. What gives?

Here are the Halloween pictures I promised.


Note the Pie tongue. Pie has three antenna because she is silly.


Pretty wings. Pie sezs: "Float like butterfly. Bite like alligator!!! Bwa ha ha!"


Silly Pie.


Bzzzzz. Fancy says: "I don't sting. I'm a good dog."


Pickle the Pirate and Pumpkin Head Fancy. Pickle has only one antenna because he has only one eye.



In agility news, it was a good weekend. Fancy got two QQs and another Q for a total of 69 points. Remember how I asked "Where's the challenge?" when running Fancy? Well, I've found it. How many front crosses can I do on a course? The front crosses keep her moving and this weekend at least, even if she started off slow, I was able to speed her up with the FC. In one run I found and did 5, and I made them all! The least amount of points she got all weekend per run was 9. 9 seconds under course time on a Jumpers course isn't bad for my Fancy Girl. We got another placement this weekend, a third- must be some kind of record for us!



Pie also had a nice weekend. She had 2 QQs, and no extra Qs. Total of 66 points, but for her, it isn't as much about the points. She'll have the points before the QQs, so I'm not really concerned how many points she gets. But I do like to compare to see if we are getting tighter times or not. Front crosses also help keep Pie moving, but I chicken out with her more. Pie Dog got a first place and two fourths.



A lady I know through a mutual friend might be interested in Knotty. She took her out a lot this weekend and took some walks and is now at home thinking about it. I would really like her to take Knotty because then I could keep tabs on her and even see her every so often when we were at the same agility trials.








In honor of "National Novel Month" or something along those lines, I've started writing a novel. Its working title is the WORST NOVEL EVER. It needs to be 50,000 words (about 80 pages) and it also has to be done by the end of November. We'll see. I am up to five pages and 2,893 words. I started it last night. As most of you know, I do not have a problem with verboseness.

1 comment:

Claire said...

We LOVE the pictures!! So cute :) Good job on the agility work this weekend. AND that's good news about Knotty. Hopefully the lady decides to keep her, she is silly but cute.

Also, good luck with the novel. I too have no problem being wordy yet have never attempted anything of that scale. It was always a big dream of mine when I was younger. Do I get to read it? Will you post excerpts here?