Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ah, Warmth

It is hard enough trying to write a novel when you are running out of ideas and after you come up with something original and add it to your story you realize some other author has already used YOUR idea, but you are desperate to keep your word count up so you leave it in and risk being caught out. And it is hard enough when your dog is having a horrible allergy attack and WILL NOT stop scratching and licking and every two seconds you have to tell her to stop but it has become so obsessive for her she is no longer listening to your commands, and so you have to prod her with your foot, which then messes up your blanket that is on your lap, trying to keep you warm, which brings me to my point.

My house is cold. It has a heater, but since we are out in the boonies, there is no gas, and the heater runs on propane. I've always been frugal with heater usage, but I've been cold enough recently that if the heater was on a separate gas line, and not a propane tank shared with the neighbor, I'd probably turn it on. I cannot type when I am so cold.

But now I am warm. I put on a second pair of sweat pants and a second sweater for two pairs of pants and two sweaters, and my big bathrobe and I also have the afghan on my lap. I am now warm. Finally. And now that I've blogged about it I can go back to writing. But the calculator I use to calculate my projected word count is now on the ground because Fancy retreated to her kennel to lick her foot so I could no longer prod her, and I threw the calculator at her kennel to make her stop. It worked, for now, but Pie is now worried and sulking... Can I get no peace? The end of the month is approaching and I can't quit now!

No comments: