Thursday, November 5, 2009

3 Out of 4

(skip this post if you are going to be eating soon or have just consumed some food...)

3 out of 4 dogs are now having digestive issues. Pie joined the list. Yesterday she had... water. Yup, can't even be called loose stools or diarrhea, although it was diarrhea two nights ago when it was on the carpet. Pie is like a kid who doesn't want to wake their parent up even if they are vomiting in the bathroom. Like the time I vomited in the hallway and was going to wait until the morning to tell my mother. Luckily, it wasn't as late as I thought and she was still up...

I had to get up to let Blossom out (he whines to let me know) and I noticed the door to one of the rooms that is usually closed was open. Strange, I thought. I went back to bed and the next morning found a mess in a different room. That is when it clicked. I went back to the first room and sure enough, a mess in there too.

That day, Pie had water, then blood. Nice bright red blood. Luckily for me this has happened to her before, so I did not rush off to the vets and spend hundreds of $. Last time it was because she drank lots of salt water. I do not know what caused it this time, but my answer to this problem is she doesn't eat until it stops, then she gets a bit of rice, then more rice, then rice and kibble, then back to her normal amount of kibble. No bleeding today. For the record, what ever she got into really messed her up, because there was a lot more blood than with the salt water. I just hope I am right and it is something she ate and she isn't really sick.

No blood and no stools today, so tomorrow morning she will get some rice. And good thing too, she's looking pretty skinny!

Fancy is the only good dog who is not having problems.


Sorry for the gross post, but that is what is going on in my life right now.

In better news, we have walked on the hills everyday this week and my novel is up to 10 pages. I didn't write any yesterday and I am behind, according to the graph on the website. I'm getting back to work now.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Poor dogs and poor you!!!! I know first hand how horrible it is too clean up poopy messes, of the dog or baby variety. I personally prefer cleaning up barf. I guess if we are looking on the bright side we will say that at least none of the messes were in your bed or on you. That would have been horrible.

I'm guessing Pie has absolutely nothing left in her system if she's putting out water. Make sure she doesn't get dehydrated! I hope all the pups are feeling better soon.