Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mojave Trip

On Saturday, Dad and I and Fancy and Pie headed out in the Jeep to the Mojave desert for off roading, walking, and shooting. You can read about Dad's version here: http://citizengrouch.blogspot.com/2009/11/trip-to-desert.html There are some pictures of me in that blog, since he used his camera to take them. I'm in a bit of a hurry, so for all the details, I recommend reading Dad's blog.

Pie surveys the scene.



So does Dad.



Pie on the trail.







This was our shooting spot. The pumpkin is Craig's, left over from Halloween. It was never carved, poor thing. The shooting stand was made by a friend of Dad's. It worked well.





Dad takes aim with his .22 that needed lubrication and the engine oil was helpful, but not quite good enough.





A different firearm. It was used with very satisfactory results on the pumpkin.



Ewww... pumpkin guts! We ended up finding pieces of the pumpkin I'd say over 25 feet away. Maybe more.



Fancy looking weird. Ah yes, I caught her while she was scratching. This was an abandoned mining claim that had pieces of the buildings and vehicles all over the place. I found the abandoned mine shaft that was not blocked off in any way in the middle of some bushes and had visions of Pie bounding across the landscape and right down the hole. Scary.




A nice view.

I had fun on the trip, although as soon as I pulled up to the parent's house before we left, I realized I felt strange and then I quickly realized I felt sick. But I was determined to go, so I zipped off to the store for some medication. By the end of the day I was feeling better, although it came back by the time I got home, and stayed with me through Sunday, Monday and the first half of Tuesday. At this point I am cured, so it was not the H1N1 virus like I was worried it might be!

No comments: