Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Saga of the Tired Writer

I was reading the NaNoWriMo website, and apparently when you are writing a novel, you can act out in all kind of strange ways and it is ok, because that is what people do when they are stressed out by writing a novel. My novel is on track. Almost 5000 words and 8 pages on Day 3. Here is the problem. I want to go to bed, and I'm tired. But I don't have time to write too much during the day because I'm at work then I come home and walk the dogs and eat dinner and then it is dark. So I have to stay up and write it. That will make me tired which will make me want to go to bed even more the next night. And I'm not as creative when I'm tired. I decided to drink some Diet Coke and see if the caffeine helped. This is my profile on the website. You can track my words here if you wish! http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/588963

Blossom hadn't eaten for a few days. Today was agility and I decided to take him to class since one of the very nice ladies asks about him. I revealed he wasn't eating and someone offered him a meat ball which he promptly ate, then the very nice lady who asks about him offered him some pre-cooked chicken strips which he also devoured. After class I went to the store and bought him chicken. He ate quite a bit and probably would have eaten more but I didn't want to over feed him.

In addition to Blossom, I'm having other dog issues. Knotty is having diarrhea. I suspect from eating too many sticks. And now Pie has come down with it so it might be something more sinister. But what?!

Going back to the walk, I managed to hack out another path through the weeds. The walk might be a full mile now! Pie has been extra excited on the walks. I think she flushed a bunny a few days ago and is now hoping to repeat the experience.

1 comment:

Lexi said...

Hey Girl, Cute Halloween dogs! Congrats on the agility too... Obedience... I would love to master that knack... anyway. I have to admit to total cluelessness about it, but I enjoy knowing someone who is a professional--I claim fame there! Happy fall! I love this time of year! Good luck with that Novel!