Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Quilt Show

A picture essay of the quilt show from last Saturday.

One of Mom's beautiful quilts. I wish the picture wasn't fuzzy. Correction- while Mom has a quilt made out of the same pattern and most of the same fabric, this is not her quilt. Her quilt is still at home, with no binding. This quilt was made by Janelle, mom's good friend and the show Chairwoman.


Mom with friend (and fellow teacher from her school) and her daughter in front of a second lovely Mom quilt.



A third Mom quilt! This one won a Chairperson's Choice Award! Look for the ribbon on the left side. I wish I hadn't chopped it out of the picture.



Here is yet another one of Mom's. It is titled, "I Quilted It Myself!" or something to the effect. Usually mom has a professional do her quilting, but after buying her own high speed machine, she has taken this next big step!



A close up of her technique.
Who is that cute girl in the top quilt?

I thought I recognized her! Here is a picture of the write up from that quilt.


The quilt show crowd.



I caught this guy staring at me. Probably he is a masher but I moved on before he could mash me.



A quilt made out of a husband's old ties. There were actually two quilts with this theme. The other one looked very different.


Here is a final picture of some close up of quilting on a Hawaii themed quilt that illustrates why most quilters are retired persons with plenty of time on their hands.



No comments: