Thursday, January 15, 2009

Variation on a Theme

I liked Claire's "The Big Lie" but I have a different variation. I think only two people read this blog regularly- Claire and my mom- so it kind of takes the fun out of it, but here is my variation... Spot the Fake Scar!

1) Scar on upper right arm from burning self on hot iron when I slipped on the starch I sprayed on my BDUs while ironing in kitchen.

2) Scars on middle two finders of left hand where nylons reigns were ripped out of hand after 1500 pounds of horseflesh hit the other end and flipped over.

3) Very feint scar on upper right arm where I dove in a bush while chasing a chicken.

4) Scar on base of left thumb where a raven bit me.

5) Scar near inside crook of left elbow where a turkey vulture bit me.

6) Scar on left pointer finger knuckle where I scratched myself on the metal shed handle the day before I left for tech school while retrieving a duffel bag.

The two scars on the inside of both elbows are now completely gone about 10 years after I fell off Regan's horse while test riding it to see if I should lease her. I decided no.

The rest of my scars are all from the same place and we won't talk about that.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Hmmm, this is very tricky. I guess the raven. When have you been near a raven? Did it say "nevermore" when it bit you? As in, he'll never bite you again?

And I am curious about the rest of your scars that we won't talk about. Are they from your horse accident or something else I don't know about? Or maybe your knee?

No One said...

I'm going with number four as well. It was a toss up between four and five, but I figured the Six Flags Animal Farm was more likely to have a turkey vulture then a raven. But maybe I am way off....