Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sneak Peak

It's been a while since I've posted because I am still unpacking. I took a few pictures so you can get an idea of what my new rental house looks like. However, I didn't take any detailed pictures of the inside since it was still a mess. Soon I will post a video. "This is the door knob..."



This is my side of the duplex with my side of the carport and my front yard.



This is the entire duplex. For those who don't know already, I know the person who moved in next door.

Fancy peaks at me through a hole in the fence.
Pie peaks through the same hole.


Fancy peaks in the window in the "study."


The right side of the yard. You can see the grass needs some help.






The middle of the yard.




The side yard and fire pit which I will not use for fear of starting a fire. The plank on the ground is part of a teeter that belongs to my friend.



Inside we have a potbelly stove which I will also not use for fear of a fire. Too bad- I hear they do a good job of heating.



The pretty light in the kitchen and my spice rack that I turned into a dog trophy holder. The two on the second shelf are silver and need to be polished.


I think this is called "exposed wood beam ceilings." The fan is nice but the light bulbs are only about 20 watts and put out no light. I need to see if I can get a light kit to replace the current one. The study is the door on the left, the front door is in the middle, and my bedroom is on the right.
To be continued in the much anticipated video!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I just realized I never did a "here is the doorknob" tour of my home. Alas. I hope I get to visit your new place in person!

Also, you seem to have lots of concerns about fires. Why is that? Oh wait, I just remembered who raised us and why I also own several fire extinguishers.