Friday, January 16, 2009

Global Warming!!

Maybe it is the end of the world, or maybe it is just a really nice day at the beach. The border collie is Power, my friend's dog.







I think Fancy is looking at Pie and thinking, "What a weirdo!" Do you see that drool?



Swimming.

Isn't she cute?



Hmmm... a bit blurry.











Don't look back, Pie! Just run!









We were just trying to get a nice posed picture, but Pie wouldn't stop barking.



Fancy, don't look so spastic. Leave that to Pie.


After the beach some pig parts were given to us, and I let each dog have a turn with the leg. Bloom was so overcome by the tastiness, he forgot to finish lying down. He stayed like this until Pie bumped him.



I eventually took the leg away from all the dogs because I know too much fat can cause pancreatitis, and it seems to me a pig would have lots of fat on it. The dogs were sad, but I would have been sadder if anyone came down with pancreatitis.

3 comments:

Claire said...

What cute pictures! I'm glad you had a fun time at the beach. The one of Bloom is particularly cute. He was just too happy to even worry about laying down :)

No One said...

Very cute pictures. I just found a few off Molly as a puppy playing with Roscoe. She was so small and her hair was all poofy, very adorable.

If too much fat can give a dog pancreatitis, what is the danger of feeding one primarily human food, like if whatever Mom cooked for dinner is what the dogs ate too. Something? Nothing?

Three Dog Days said...

Not a big danger as humans generally try to avoid fat. I've read when dogs were just turning into pets (from mostly working dogs on the farm) commercial kibble or wet dog food was not avaliable and dogs ate only human scraps. And those dogs did fine. Of course people maybe at healthier back then...