Saturday, May 26, 2012

Another One Bites the Dust

I caught yet another gopher today.  This one eluded me for a while, and I was concerned I was outsmarted at last.  He made several mounds right outside my grassy area and I attempted to get him then.  But he always back filled his tunnels, so I couldn't find a place to put the traps.  I gave up, hoping he'd go away (I know..., but what other choice did I have?) until he came back and put a mound in the grass.  Darn.  So I dug that mound up, and found only 1 tunnel leading from it.  I put the trap there, and BAM!  I got him!  I'm concerned I'm weeding out all the less intelligent gophers, leaving the smarties behind, which is why he was more difficult to catch. 

Pie was impressed with my catch, but I didn't let her close, because I'm sure it had all kinds of gross diseases or bugs.  Perhaps not, but I'm not taking chances.

No comments: