Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One of Those Days

One of those days: twisted my knee (the good one) while moving the weaves out of the way for my obedience lesson, banged my arm on the concrete as I fell, was mauled by Bonnie (in a sweet but unwanted way) and had to get up before my student found me sprawled there. Then, had to use frozen hot dogs to ice it since I don't have any flexible ice. I was supposed to go for a run after the lesson, but now the plan is to go get ice cream...
If I pass my PT test in 3 weeks, it will be despite 2 knee injuries in the month prior, and rotator cuff tendonitis, which makes the pushups painful. How old am I anyway?? (Hint- as the Garth Man says- "Much too young to feel this damn old.")

In better news, I got my car back but in the earlier theme of "one of those days" the other insurance company is probably going to try to gyp me out of paying the full price of the rental. Luckily my student said she'd call them for me and make her demands. Life can be hard sometimes, but it is your friends who make it easier!

And in other good news Fancy pulled 16 pounds in her cart up and down hills in the park today. She's almost up to the 20 pounds for the Novice Draft test. Her and Pie both also did well practicing the maneuvering course. It is very fun to go from small, gentle, easy paced Fancy to big, powerful, fast Pie. Some of the other patrons in the park were treated to my wealth of knowledge on carting (not really, I just answered the questions they had.)

1 comment:

Older and Wiser said...

I hope you don't damage your knees to the point of needing surgery!