Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bun-Bun's Big Day

For those not in the know, Bun-Bun = Bonnie. She is spending the night at the vet's tonight and will be spayed tomorrow. Then I will get her profile to ABMC so they can post her on the website and she can get a great new home.




At my house she gets almost zero interaction time so I'm excited to get her a home where she is number one! Or at least number two, instead of number 4...

I went to see youngest bro at his Jazz Night at a pizza place in his town. Always a good pizza (older sis used to work there, back in the day) and good music. The band really is good- to me they sound just as good as any professionals. I think my bro could be featured more prominently- that is the only thing they are lacking. But solos for trombones are not very prevalent. The band is the jazz type instruments from the High School marching band. It is an "extra duty" for the best players in the HS band who happen to play jazz instruments. They come in for zero period and also play in the concert band.

Pie and Fancy are going to try for their Novice Draft titles in June! Anything can happen, because 1 little mistake and you do not pass, but I think they will both do very well and have a good chance of getting titled. For the freight haul they will both have to pull 20 pounds which is nothing to Pie, but is 2/3rds of Fancy's body weight, so I will have to condition her for that. Pie does the best sidepass, crossing her front and back legs when I ask her to pivot the cart (turning without moving forward.) Fancy doesn't cross her back legs, and tends to bend her spine. What can I say? Pie is a traditional carting breed and Fancy is not. It must be instinctive in Pie... or maybe she is just such a cool dog that she has all the right moves.

No comments: