Monday, May 9, 2011

Great Sucessful Weekend!

This weekend was the Hollywood Dog Obedience Club trial. Here is a re-cap of the goings ons:

Fancy: Only entered Saturday in agility- Novice Standard P title and Novice Jumpers leg. 1 first place and one second place.

Pie: Entered Sat and Sun agility and Sunday obedience. 2nd place Standard Ex B (to the same 20 inch dog jumping 24" we always come in second place to) and 2nd Place Standard Ex B (again- same dog!) on Sunday. No jumpers Qs- totally my fault on Saturday (bad blind cross) and my fault again for not being fast enough on Sunday when there were multiple jumps for Pie to pick from and all I could tell Pie was "go!" She ended up choosing the correct jump but by the time she made the decision, it was too late to actually take the jump.

Open B and Utility B- Qualified in both! After a LONG drought of UDX legs we are now on Number 4! She has a 189.5 (drat- no OM points) in Open B and a 183 in Utility. We are not a high scoring team. Her heeling was much better than it has been in utility, but when open came along it started to go down hill. But it was still over all better. My regiment of no physical corrections has obviously helped!

She licked the judges face during the moving stand for exam. On the figure 8 in open the judge told me send my dog, instead of forward, and I was confused so I went, then hesitated, then went. Her go outs were great and on the retrieve over the jump, she almost went around due to seeing something outside the ring and staring at it while moving forward, but at the last second spotted the jump and changed course to take it. Phew! Proofing pays off.


Pie also got 67 MACH points for the 2 clean runs.

Dottie: The puppy girl steals the weekend! Saturday- Open Jumpers Q on Saturday for OAJ title. Open standard leg (both firsts.) Open Standard leg on Sunday for OA title- another first. This was after not Qing since before leaving for Mississippi. I moved her up to EX A for Sunday and she had a really nice run. Not a Q (knocked bar and extra jump) but she listened so well, was fast, great weaves and that extra jumps showed me she was trying to do the right thing. This Ex A run was with no warm up, no focusing, no potty and not even me getting her out of her x-pen since I was still in Open B groups and almost missed our turn. I only had enough time to sprint out of the obedience ring with Pie, run Pie, switch Pie with Dottie then run Dottie. I was very happy with our first Excellent attempt.

Dottie was also entered for her first try in obedience Novice B. She qualified withe a first place, a 193 (too much forging and crooked sits) and was High Scoring Malinois and High Scoring Dog with an ILP! Such a good little puppy!! Her attitude (ears up) and attention were super.

This weekend was very successful for us. I'm very pleased with how Dottie is coming along and how right now she really seems to be enjoying agility. Someone recently described their agility dog as a "late bloomer" and I think that is a good label for Dottie also. Our next obedience show is at the Mission Circuit at the end of the month and actually we aren't doing agility until then either. Hope the next show goes as well as this one.


Me and the dogs with our loot but I think I am sitting on Fancy's ribbons (including her purple new title ribbon) and Dottie's got so smashed together you cannot see her 3 agility blues, her obedience blue, her 2 new title ribbons and her High Mal mug (even though it says "I Woof You" not "High Mal") and her flip picture frame for High ILP.

1 comment:

Urban canines said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

You sure had a busy weekend but all of your hard work training sure paid off!