Saturday, May 21, 2011

New Dog Joins Three Dog Days!



Meet Bunicula- Bunny! Also called Bun-Bun because I liked calling Bonnie that.

I went to the Agoura shelter to check out an elderly poodle mix. But when I got there he was gone- at the Best Friends adoption event at La Brea Tar Pits. I used my GPS to find my way there. The nearest parking lot was full, but I got lucky and found free street parking.

I visited with the dog I had come to see, and he was sweet, but much bigger than I wanted. Then I walked around hoping to spot another old poodle type dog. I saw lots of cute dogs but they were all too young. Then I spotted Bunny. She was so cute and tiny. Also friendly and waggy. So I took her home. Since she is so small, I don't think she really counts as a dog. She won't eat much and she won't take up much space.



She is smaller than Fancy.


And much smaller than Pie!


In the shelter she looked a lot more like a Poodle and a lot less like a JRT. Do I have a terrier??



I have her picture from the shelter before she got shaved and she looked like a poodle. The worker told me they had to anesthetize her in order to shave her because the fur was so matted to the skin.

Right now she is very mouthy in a puppy kind of way. That's about all there is to say about Bunny at this time. No doubt more pictures to follow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How funny. I have a Terrier/Poodle mix as well, and I named her Bunny too! I got her as a 3 month old though. Looks a lot like yours just a lot smaller.