Monday, May 2, 2011

Car Update

I just got a call from the body shop. The damage is only $4500. I'm fairly surprised. I know it didn't look that bad but I know fixing even a tiny ding and painting it is over $500 so everything adds up quickly. Since the amount is not exorbitant, it will be fixed! But not until the middle of May because some parts are hard to come by, probably since they don't make the car any more and it is not a very popular car.

I know in my last post I complained about the small rental. For my weekend trip to AZ everything ended up fitting pretty well. The best part was the car made it from Coastal CA to Phoenix, AZ on 12 gallons of gas. And I even used the A/C at times. I was liking that so much I thought if my car was not repairable I might end up getting something smaller than I would like... just for the gas mileage.

I had a good trip this weekend, I'll write that in another post. After calling my parents late Sunday while driving home my bro told me the news about OBL, so I listened to the radio coverage the rest of the way home. I don't think any comments from me are necessary because this blog deals with such small issues and this is such a huge one.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I'm glad the car is fixable, what a relief!!!