Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bonnie is Ready for Adoption

She was spayed this week and I wrote her profile and sent it off to ABMC to get up on their rescue website. Following in Dottie's footsteps, she burst out of her cone and destroyed it. Now I will have to come up with another way of keeping her from licking her incision. Perhaps a basket muzzle.

Here is a video I took of her to encourage potential adopters. And the pictures I sent with her profile.




Full, petite, body shot.


Pretty head.


Playing with the toy.


Being sweet.

In other dog news both Pie and Fancy are preparing for their first draft tests in June. (Did I already write about that?) They will both have to pull 20 pounds on the freight haul. That is nothing to Pie, but could be a problem to Fancy who weighs only 30 pounds. She is also not a pushy dog at all. So if she feels something holding her back, she is more likely to not move than to keep trying to go. I'm conditioning her with not only increasing weights, but also a command (Let's Go) followed by a treat when she keeps going. Right now she is pulling 8 pounds up and down the little hills in a near by park.

I had drill today and it went fine. I did the mile and a half in the actual location of the test. I did it in 13:59, with one tenth extra thrown in. A great time!

No comments: