Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Raise Your Hand...

...if you have ever gotten GOOD news through a certified letter. Anyone? Is your hand up, or are you just scratching your nose?

When I saw I had to go pick up a certified letter at the post office I knew it wasn't good. The day was already not the best because I had just picked up Bloomie's ashes (they put him in a can) and offered Blossom all kinds of tasty delectable and he only ate two bites. So I was sure a certified letter was bad news. Especially since my amazing powers of observation and reasoning makes it appear I am clairvoyant.

I knew it was going to be from the State (who I work for, just in case you are not a friend or family member and stumbled upon this blog.) Do you remember the scene in The Fifth Element where Corban (Bruce Willis) is buying food or something from the Chinese guy in the flying junk (is that actually how it is spelled?) and the Chinese guy says "You have a letter." and I think they have a discussion about it being bad or good news and the Chinese guy ends up opening it and reading out loud in a really happy voice, "You are fired!" Do you remember that scene? It kept playing over and over in my head as I drove to the post office. I received the letter and saw it was addressed to SrA instead of Ms. so I knew my suspicions were correct. I'm not fired, but it was the letter that was being passed around at work (as I suspected) telling us some State employees will be involuntarily separated due to the budget crisis. I was told not to worry unless I got the letter. So should I be worried now? I'll wait until tomorrow. If I'm the only person in my department to get the letter, THEN I'll be worried. Until then, I have to spend my time worrying about Blossom not eating, and about Canned Bloom.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Yikes! So what's going on? And why would they send you a letter, not have someone talk to you in person. It all seems very shady. Did anyone else at work have a letter??