Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Killer Monster Mutant Carniverous Creepy Bugs

They come out when it is warm at night. I've never seen them before this season. They are huge and gross beetle things that fly. They buzz around and I can hear them chewing on things and falling out of trees and flying into things. They try to fly into me. Then they cluster on the screen door and I can't get inside. One came in the house last time it was warm and they are too big to squish so I had to scoop it up and it made horrible noises at me. The dogs and I want to go for a walk, but what if they fly at my head and I'm forced to run screaming and Blossom can't keep up? I know it is stupid to be afraid and so grossed out I can't go outside because of something that is so much smaller than me and probably harmless but I can't help it. Some people have called them June Bugs but they are not that small and they are not that color. Their bodies are about the size of a quarter (at least.) Maybe I can buy a mosquito net hat and then at least I don't have to worry about them flying into my head.

I suppose I will have to take a chance because the dogs want a walk. This time I will remember to leave the porch light off so they do not cluster on the door and keep me out of my own home. UGH!

Update: I was unable to take the walk but I had to go into town to get something to eat and there were no bugs in town. I wonder if they live in the trees? Even though was super careful. one made it into the house. But it wasn't one of the huge beetles. It was a spider/ beetle combo, that flies. It appears to be a beetle, about the size and color of a normal June Bug, but it has huge spider front legs. I squished it with the fly swatter and it left a gigantic splat mark on my wall. I may have to move into town. I won't ever be able to open my door at night.

No comments: