Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No, Thank You.

The other girl at work was really pressuring me to sign the letter requesting early involuntary separation and therefore $. She says she spoke with someone at State who said by signing you were protecting yourself in case you got the boot. It wasn't saying you wanted the boot. Also, if you didn't sign and you got the boot, you got nothing.

But I read it again, using my critical reading skills from my English degree and if the person she spoke to was correct, then who ever wrote the letter did a very poor job of conveying those ideas. The part you signed said "By signing this I want the boot and I want the money." Ok, maybe I shouldn't have put it in quotes, but I'm not going to type out the whole thing. Trust me that it said, "Please fire me."

I did not sign and if I do get involuntarily separated and do not get the money, that will just be extra incentive to leave California in a huff. If I got the money, I might be tempted to stay and try to eek out a living and never be able to afford a house.

____

In other news, the Ventura County Wild Life ReHabilitator People (not their official name) called and told me a vet I could take the bird to in Thousand Oaks. The vet would fix it up and then they would come get it. When I dropped him off, the vet tech said his leg was broken, and they should be able to help him.

____

I was completely fed up with how dark my house is so I went to Target and bought three new floor lamps. Two are floor lamps with a reading light and one is three lights on a pole that can be positioned to face different ways. It is brighter, and can no longer be called dark, but I have discovered the best way to light a room is definitely from the top. Anything else leaves dark corners and gives an uneven distribution of light.

_____

The pet psychic said Blossom's previous owners may have lived in an assisted living type of place or maybe an Active Seniors home. She said they were an old couple and the man had lost the use of one side of his body. They were walking and he fell and Blossom ran off, just to be running, then he got lost. He doesn't know why his family never came to the shelter for him but he misses them very much. I wanted to know why he won't eat and apparently my food doesn't smell good. He is used to small pieces of meat cut up and maybe some mashed potatoes. His old lady used to take him to something that appeared to be Bingo Night. Blossom says he is afraid Pie will sit on him. I found that to be a likely occurrence, so I couldn't offer any assurance to that. Blossom says Pie jumps around and bites the air. If Blossom (and the pet psychic) are to be trusted, Blossom doesn't have anything physically hurting him, so therefore he is just bad not to eat my food that doesn't smell good. That last part was my interpretation.

For those who think I am foolish to pay a pet psychic, I say this in my defense: It was not very expensive and don't forget that St. Francis could talk to animals. I'm not saying this lady is a saint or even that I believe the things she told me, but there is a precedence out there.

PS- Blossom says he likes the way "Blossom" sounds - so there to those who say it is a bad name for a boy dog. Although he also says he forgets it is his name sometimes.

No comments: