Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Prizes

Just a quick post so my loyal readers don't become disappointed and ditch me for different blogs.



I had a three day dog show this past weekend. Maybe I will explain it in more detail later, but for now I will explain that the first day was a team tournament. You team up with two other dogs and handlers and then each teammate runs five courses and each individual score is added to the team total to get an overall score. Then the top three teams are averaged together, which then determines (somehow) if the other teams qualify or not. I decided to enter semi-late and all the people I know who participate in this venue already had teams. I was able to find some last minute teammates though. Fancy was on an experienced team with two fast dogs, a Belgian Tervuren (like the Malinois only with a long coat) and a blue merle border collie. Pie was on a team with two border collies, both right around her same young age of 2 and a 1/2. Fancy's team came in third place and she won a bronze medal! Pie's baby dog team also ended up qualifying and she won a lapel pin.



Fancy's first medal!

Pie's lapel pin but since she doesn't have a lapel, she chooses to wear it here.





The next excitement happened when the team tournament was over and we competed in individual classes. Pie won the first round of 26 inch Steeplechase. She then progressed onto the second round and came in fourth and won $11 in prize money! Wow! Does that make us professionals? Next we will need sponsorships and groupies. For those that don't know, some people in agility really do have sponsorships, but I was just joking in regards to Pie and I!

Pie's loot from the non-team classes on Saturday and Sunday. The fourth place ribbon is missing since I didn't realize we had placed.

Fancy enjoyed swimming in the river between runs. Pie also went in the river, but she was tall enough not to have to swim.


There were several other good and fun things during the weekend, but I won't go into it now.

But before I do go, here is a picture of Bosco drinking out of the pool. I tell him not to, and I show him the nice full dog water dish, but he keeps going back to the pool. And as you can see, he drinks in a very odd manner, as if he WANTS to fall in. How can he balance on his back legs like that with his front legs so far into the pool?

3 comments:

This Little Hen said...

You must be SO proud! What sweeties!

MTGSDRescue said...

Bosco used to love to swim in the wild pond here...He is very athletic ;))
...Congratulations on all the prizes...I wish I had time to get Ruger into agility here, maybe this year...
Steph

Three Dog Days said...

I wonder if his front feet go so far in because he is looking for the bottom of this strange pond?